Unique beveled edge ball design:
- Minimizes pressure on seats to reduce cold flow and extend seat life
- Prevents issues related to “breakaway torque” in valves that rest in the open position for extended periods
- Provides positive tight shut-off at both high and low pressures.
- Inherently prevents seat damage caused by the leading edge of the ball port cutting into the seat
- Significantly reduces operating torque
Superior stem seal assembly:
- Low operating torque reduces lateral loads on the stem seals for reliable performance
- Blow-out proof stem with special attention given to surface finish.
- Upper and lower seals provide balanced loading of stem seals
- Standard Belleville spring washers provide constant “live load” on stem seals, assuring a tight seal under varying service parameters
Size: 0.5-6” (DN15-150)
Pressure/Temperature Rating: Varies per material and pressure class
Bellows Stem Seal
Cam-Tite Ball Valves are also available with a bellows stem seal. This stem seal device, manufactured by Kerotest Manufacturing Corp., provides a hermetic stem seal via a unique quarter-turn bellows design.
The interface design for the bellows stem seal to the Cam-Tite Ball Valve was a joint effort between Engineered Valves and Kerotest in which the bellows assembly becomes integral to the bonnet of the valve. This allows for disassembly should replacement of internal components be required. The device can also be easily actuated. Bellows stem seals are available in ANSI Class 150 and 300 in a variety of materials.
Cam-Tite Ball Valves can be furnished with extended bonnets for higher temperature or semi-cryogenic services. The extended bonnet allows the valve to be wrapped with insulation without interfering with the hand lever and is interchangeable with the standard bonnet. This arrangement raises the stem seal further away from the flowing fluid, thereby reducing the effects of the temperature extremes. The stem is supported to minimize the possibility of galling or stem leakage. The extended bonnet permits the packing nut to extend beyond the valve
insulation, thereby permitting stem seal adjustment without disturbing the insulation.
The patented “Caged Bonnet” was specifically designed to meet the needs of those hazardous applications where a quick and easy turnaround during scheduled maintenance is required. The uniquely designed caged bonnet assembly allows the repair and replacement of all internal components simply by removing the bonnet bolts and lifting off the bonnet assembly. The caged device is available on all bonnet configurations (standard, extended, severe service and bellows) in both nuclear and commercial configurations. The device utilizes a captured (caged) metal saddle that holds the ball, seat rings, seats, grounding springs and cover gasket (nuclear model only) in place. This device allows the removal and replacement of all components utilizing one subassembly.
*Contact for specific applications.
Severe Service Bonnet
The severe service bonnet option was specifically designed to meet the needs of those difficult applications where a true stuffing box is preferred. This design utilizes the extended bonnet as the primary component maintaining the conventional bottom stem seal, augmented by stacked Chevron V-ring packing at the top. The addition of an optional lantern ring and bonnet tap provides for the insertion of compatible lubricants into the packing, inert gas padding, or leak detection. Available in ANSI Class 150 through 600, the severe service bonnet option brings a modular approach to the stem sealing system of the Cam-Tite Ball Valve.